Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Brent's Favorite Songs in 2013

I guess I shouldn't expect that anybody other than my closest friends care what I think, but these are the songs I listened to the most in 2013. I'm not a music critic or reviewer, but I do listen to a lot of music. I just won't be able to put into words what I like about songs. I also listed to a lot of Acappella church music, and that is also beyond the scope of this list. These songs aren't in any particular order.

Part 1: Songs from 2013

1) Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us This is the song I had on repeat over and over.
2) Arctic Monkeys - Do I wanna Know?
3) Pink with Nate Reuss - Just Give Me a Reason
4) Dizzee Rascal ft. Robbie Williams - Goin' Crazy
5) Pentatonix - Daft Punk This is simply the most amazing acapella song I've ever heard.
6) Capital Cities - Safe and Sound
7) Bruno Mars - Treasure
8) Pentatonix - Little Drummer Boy
9) Anna Kendrick - Cups
10) Knife Party - EDM Death Machine - it just goes to show I have diverse musical tastes
11) Lennon and Maisy - Ho Hey - From What I have seen of the TV show Nashville, this was my favorite moment.

Part 2: Songs not from 2013

This might be the part that interests my friends more. These are the songs that I didn't know about until 2013, or songs that I didn't appreciate until 2013.

1) Coverdale Page - Shake My Tree
2) Moby - After
3) Oliver Onions - Orzowei This will easily be the "From out of nowhere" song. It's a minimalist 70's disco song from a couple of Italian movie soundtrack musicians. This live performance is also the worst lip synching I saw this year.
4) Fleetwood Mac - I'm So Afraid (Live) This song never gets played on the radio or appears on a greatest hits album. But it is a Live staple and this is the year I got their Live album.
5) Eurythmics - Love is a Stranger Annie Lennox is at her androgynous best.
6) Rare Earth - I Just want to Celebrate (Mocean Worker Remix)
7) Lou Bega - The Trumpet Pt. II
8) Jarod Neimann - Lover, Lover We need to throw in a country song on rare occasions
9) Coldcut - Space Journey
10) Jackson Browne - The Pretender
11) Alicia Keys - Rock Wit U
12) C + C Music Factory - Keep It Comin'

Part 3: Songs that I knew in the past but played over and over the most in 2013:

1) John Mellencamp - I need a Lover
2) Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling
3) Orianthi - According to You
4) Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA I think I'm now legally required to turn in my man card.
5) Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home