Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

selling products to lottery enthusiasts

I firmly believe this statement:

"The Lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math."

Since the state government runs the lottery, the government would therefore be the ones taking advantage of people. (But, they do that anyway.) However, if there are people to be taken advantage of, there will be more charlatans who step to the table and offer their advantage-taking services.

So, I stumbled across this book:



Wow.

Apparently, there's a simpleton market out there for this kind of product.

Right now, I suppose someone could be reading my blog post and are thinking to themselves, "I could use a book like this! But why did the man who wrote this blog call me a simpleton?"

Let me spell it out for you. The Lottery is a game of chance, where numbers are picked at random. It's impossible to know in advance what numbers are going to come up, there is no formula that can be devised which will predict these numbers with any accuracy.

A player buying a $1 ticket has a 1 in 146,107,962 chance of matching the exact six numbers needed to win the Powerball jackpot.
If you use the formula outlined in this book, your odds will be 1 in 146,107,962.
If you pick the numbers using a dartboard, your odds will be 1 in 146,107,962.
If you pick the numbers by throwing ping pong balls off a roof, your odds will be 1 in 146,107,962.
If you pick the numbers by writing a computer program to pick the numbers for you, your odds will be 1 in 146,107,962, and you should consider getting a job as a computer programmer.
If you pick the numbers with the assistance of a baby chimpanzee, your odds will be 1 in 146,107,962.

As a frame of reference:
Odds of dying from contact with hot tap water: 1 in 5,005,564
Odds of dying from ignition or melting of nightwear: 1 in 30,589,556

Still don't believe me? Good! I have a secret. The lottery isn't really random, they just fake all of that randomness. There really is a formula for predicting the lottery. It's a heavily guarded secret managed by the Illuminati and the Knights of the Templar and the Jews and the Masons and the lizard people, and I have learned the secret! Send me an email, and for $20, I'll tell you the next winning lottery number.

Need proof? Read this testimonial:
"I didn't think Brent's method would work, but I had nothing to lose. I paid Brent the $20, and 5 minutes later he emailed me back the powerball numbers to try. Now, I'm a Multimillionaire! Thanks, Brent! :)"
-Loretta from Bucksnort, TN

Need more proof? Read this testimonial:
"I also didn't think Brent's method would work, but I also had nothing to lose. I also paid Brent the $20, and 5 minutes later he also emailed me back the powerball numbers to try. Now, I'm also a Multimillionaire! Thanks, Brent! :)"
-Phyllis from Bugscuffle, TN

There's all the proof you need. Send me an email, or buy my book, "These are the numbers you, yes you, will win the lottery with!" which is way better than the book above. You can also purchase this in audiobook form, as well as the companion worksheet, computer software. Spend $50 or more from my online store and get a free t-shirt with your winning number on it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While the logic answer tells you that you can't predict the lottery, that is only true if the lottery was actually random.

If it was random, then all the numbers would come up the same number of times over a period of time. After all, if each number is as equal as another, then logically each will show up as often as each other. This is true when flip a coin. 50/50 chance of it being a head - there isn't a tendency for more heads than tails.

However, look at lottery numbers. Some numbers turn up more often than others. This isn't by a small margin. In some lotteries, the most popular numbers turn up almost 30% more often than others.

You can use this trend to predict future outcomes because it is still a reasonably perfect system. always 6 numbers, same type of way of choosing the numbers,

What helps people make these formulas work, and what helps keep the secret secret are posts like yours.

Thanks for keeping people ignorant! Yes, mathematically, you are correct, but practically, you are not.

4:28 PM  
Blogger BrentKMoore said...

I knew it! The ping pong ball with the #6 on it is misshapen and never comes up.

When you use those trends to predict the future outcome of the lottery, and win big, feel free to not share any of your winnings with me.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ben Wiles said...

The test if randomness isn't whether every number comes up at the same time, but whether or not there are clusters of results.

In a truly random coin flip, the likelihood of heads or tails isn't dependent on whether or not the coin landed heads the last six times.

The fact that certain numbers come up more often than numbers proves that the process IS random, not that it isn't.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I email you my email address, how do you want me to email you the $20? Do you need a $20 or can I email you a $10 and two $5s?

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://firgonbares.net/][img]http://firgonbares.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]free adobe photo software, [url=http://firgonbares.net/]price charting software[/url]
[url=http://firgonbares.net/][/url] discount software discount game buying computer software
adobe software reseller [url=http://firgonbares.net/]selling software services[/url] compare office software
[url=http://firgonbares.net/]office 2003 cd key[/url] free adobe video editing software
[url=http://firgonbares.net/]coreldraw 12 trial crack[/url] student discounts for software
Macintish Software [url=http://firgonbares.net/]academic discounts software[/b]

4:54 AM  
Blogger BrentKMoore said...

Someone needs to learn html. Come back and spam me later after a few classes.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Truly gravy pile driver micrometer seiko. Huh.... random words don't work either. Oh well it appears randomness has been oversold as something that can be predicted. I had no idea what I was going to write in that first sentence and after I wrote it I still don't know what I might right in another random word sentence.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home