Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Bad Pun Alert!

Coal Miner's Otter

Coal Miner's Otter

As more and more cities decide upon a town animal mascot to place statues of all around, Crossville, TN has recently settled upon the Otter. I was told by the lady in the gift shop of the Crossville Depot where this is located that Otters, once common, are now near extinct in many parts of Tennessee, but not in Crossville. Coal Miner's Otter seems like such a perfect name, but alas, this is Franky. Franky represents the mining activity of Cumberland County and was donated by Franklin Industrial Materials.

Sadly, I never found a 'Welcome Back, Otter"

**************************

Brent's Axiom of Tech Support Effectiveness:

The easier a product is to use, the tougher time tech support will have fixing it when it breaks.

**************************

Today's goofy spam message:

From: Efcc Crime Commission [mailto:efcc_executive01@yahoo.com.co]
Subject: BE CAREFUL OF THE HUDLOOMS


(I'm not sure what a Hudloom is. I think it's either a machine that the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development uses to weave houses, or it's a quaint spelling of Hoodlums.)

¡Tengo nueva dirección de correo!

This translates to "I have new email address!" Apparently, this spammer is trying to steal business from a better scammer.
Ahora puedes escribirme a:efcc_executive01@yahoo.com.co
Translates to: Now you can write me at... except I won't.

- FROM MRS. FARIDA V.M WAZIRI TODAY INVESTIGATION ON YOUR PAYMENT FILE AND REASON FOR DELAYING YOUR PAYMENT, SINCE APPROVED, I'm already lost. PLEASE ARE YOU STILL ALIVE? No, sorry.  Try someone else.  DID YOU SIGN ANY DEED AGREEMENT IN FAVOUR OF THIS(JOHN WHEELER) TO RECIEVE  (spellcheck!) YOUR FUNDS ON YOUR BEHALF? I'm dead, and John Wheeler might be also. DO REPLY IMMEDIATELY FOR CONFIRMATION AND RECIEVE YOUR APPROVED FUND. I'll get right on that. BEST REGARDS. XOXO MRS. FARIDA V.M WAZIRI:(Chairman) Economic And Financial Crime Commission(E.F.C.C INVESTIGATION BUREAU)Email:efcc_executiveoffice_nig01@post.ro (a different address in Romania. How can I keep you people straight?
34366

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home