Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

1980's survey (rarely do I do surveys!)

1. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
No. but unfortunately my wife STILL does.

2. Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
yes, but not until the fad was over and you could get them at the everything's a dollar store.

3. The Babysitter's Club or Sweet Valley High?
Drat. I see a lot of girlie questions fast approaching. To answer this question: neither.

4. Salute Your Shorts or Hey Dude?
Neither, but I don't even recall salute your shorts.

6. Did you want Dylan to end up w/ Brenda or Kelly?
not particularly invested in either choice

7. Who was ALF?
Furry creature from Melmac. I even watched the stupid saturday morning alf cartoon

8. Do you remember the show Dinosaurs?
Yes, but it was on tv on wednesday nights when I was at church, so I never saw it.

9. Do/did you know the words to the Fresh Prince theme song?
Yes, but only because every other week, someone posts a myspace bulletin where you take turns adding a word.

10. Kimmie Gibbler or Urkel?
I detested Urkel and don't remember Kimmie Gibbler.

11. Blossom or Clarissa Explains It All?
You will be surprised that I actually have an opinion here. Blossom.

12. Did you have a crush on JTT?
I had to google JTT. I, in fact, never had a crush on Jonathon Taylor Thomas. Only had a crush on Blossom.

13. Bobby Brown or Tevin Campbell
On a scale of 0-10, Tevin Campbell = 0 and Bobby Brown = 0.2, Thus, Bobby Brown wins.

14. Step By Step or Full House?
I think I saw Full House on TV once or twice.

15. Did you listen to Milli Vanili?
Yes, but probably not until 1995. Since Rob & Fab lip synched, I always wondered if the Actual musical performers (the artists formerly known as Milli Vanilli) could release an album.

16. Mr. Rogers or Reading Rainbow?
Mr. Rogers. I liked the land of make believe.

17. Did you own a glo-worm?
No, but I think I once saw an episode of G.L.O.W.

18. Paula Abdul: better now or then?
Then. I miss her much.

(let me pause to say my wife didn't realise I was making a joke here. I don't actually miss Paula Abdul. I vaguely miss her 1980's career. Her biggest song was "Miss You Much.")

19. Wild 'n' Crazy Kids or Double Dare?
I watched Double Dare sometimes when we had free cable TV for a year. It got old after a while. I liked it when they had smart kid contestants on there and they could answer the trivia questions and no dares had to be performed, thereby undermining the show.

20. Remember Legends of the Hidden Temple?
no. I guess it wasn't that legendary!

21. The Mighty Ducks or The Little Giants?
didn't care for either

22. Did you watch Saved By The Bell?!
On unusual circumstances, I might

23. Who was hotter: Zack or Slater?
I have no opinion here. My wife might think Slater is still hot.

24. Camp Nowhere or House Arrest?
Neither. I did watch Mr. Belvedere.

25. Did you own a pair of Reebok Pumps?
Ha ha ha ha. I probably never had shoes that cost more than $20.

26. Rainbow Brite or Srawberry Shortcake?
nyet.

27. Did you watch Miami Vice?
Negatory.

28. Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes
Yes. SIKE!!!! ha ha ha. Not really.

29. Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
Yes. It's where I kept those pesky trappers and other miscellaneous papers.

30. Atari or Nintendo?
We had an Atari 600 and 6 games. I loved Joust. Later, we had a coleco-vision which would take Atari 2600 games.

31. Were you in love with MENUDO?
Does "Love to make fun of the concept of Menudo" count? otherwise, no.

32. Which was better: Jem and The Holograms or She-ra?
Once for halloween, I dressed up as He-Man. a neightbor on my street asked if I was She-ra. This didn't sit well with me. Answer: neither

33. G.I. Joe or He-Man?.
Finally a guy question! G.I. Joe. I watched both, but Cobra and lasers that never hit anything was better than brute force and orko.

34. What was better Micro Machines or Hot Wheels?
Hot wheels has been around since my brothers were kids, So I got a lot of hand-me-down cars and tracks and stations.

35. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles?
I knew the guy stuff questions wouldn't last.

36. Did you watch Punky Brewster?
Once, I saw an episode where Punky and the Henry guy buy Cubs tickets from a street vendor and when they go to enter the turnstiles, find the tickets were counterfeit and not allowed admittance to the day game. When the cubs found that a girl's day was about to be ruined, They let Punky and Henry sit in the Cubs during the ballgame, despite the fact this violates MLB rules and common sense. Otherwise, no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home