Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Stupid Halloween Story Video

When it used to be more active, I spent time with a literary group that would have a Halloween party every year. One tradition was to have a Halloween egg hunt. It's like an Easter egg hunt, but we hide stuff around the yard for each other (and we were grown ups). It was a lot of fun.

Something else we did on occasion was to write instant stories. We would take strips of paper and write down story elements (location, antagonist, prominent item) on the paper strips and put them in a hat. We'd go around the room and draw these papers and then have 30 minutes to write a story based on what was drawn.

What you will see here, if you choose to watch the video below, is the story I wrote at our Halloween party in 2004. If you were curious about what I could come up with in just a few minutes, you have it. For this "scary" story, the story elements I drew were: evil creature: Vampire; weapon: Deep Woods Off! bug spray; and location: decaying mansion. I just figured it would be easier to post the video online than to transcribe the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home