Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Even more dining and shopping choices

New MinitBurger to open in Student Center

James K. Polk University is pleased to announce the opening of a new MinitBurger location in the student center to complement the existing Thatza Pizza and Sub Dock. MinitBurger Corporate spokesman Julian DaPorta had this to say:

"This is definitely a case of us selling only the Franchise naming rights to the University. Being run by students, the average MinitBurger customer will notice substandard food quality and cleanliness compared to the norms at our other mall locations and storefronts. We hope that this does not impact our customers decisions to patronize our other finer locations."

*******

But seriously, The worst pizza I think I have ever had (excluding that generic store brand pizza that costs under a dollar at the local grocery store) was at a place called Itza Pizza. (Doing a quick google search, there appear to be several Itza Pizzas around the country that are all independant of each other. I'm not going to tell you where it was.)
How Bad Was It?
The Pizza was so bad, They store's name had to remind you what you were supposed to be eating.

*******

I have wondered if the heirs to the Roebuck family fortune are annoyed that they aren't as well known as the Sears family.

A few years back, my dad was driving me through downtown Dallas, and we passed the Neiman Marcus main store. He asked me, "are you familiar with that store?" "Yeah, I've heard of them, but don't know much about them." "That's where people shop who have more money than brains"

Common Mistake: If you're in Chicago and want to watch the Bears play, don't go to Marshall Field.

********

I'm traumatized by Pancakes.

No, really.

I love my parents. I really do. They ruined pancakes for me.

Instead of making pancakes light and fluffy, they wanted to make pancakes healthy and full of Bran. In addition to pancake batter, the main ingredient was Raisin Bran cereal. Mom would meticulously dig all of the raisins out first. (well, she'd usually find them all.) As a youngster, I didn't like eating this. Once they discovered I was a little less resistant to the idea if they topped it with Organic Peanut Butter (which is dryer than Peter pan, Skippy, etc.)

This was my breakfast every Saturday for 10 years.

Runner up in the Ruined good food category: Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. My parents most of the time would add one of the following ingredients: Corn, Peas, Onions, tuna.

Honorable Mention: homemade fuzzy peach milkshakes.


My blog is worth $564.54.
How much is your blog worth?


2773

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home