Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

I don't like Christmas Music and other random thoughts

I like Christmas. I don't like Christmas music. I think it's because it's the same dozen songs redone over and over. (The 12 songs of Christmas, maybe?) The song I hate more than any other is "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt, which I managed to hear twice yesterday. It's the evil perfect combination of the things I hate about Christmas Music and the things I hate about sappy music. At least it isn't one of the dozen or so songs that get remade a lot. I suppose I do like Trans-Siberian Orchestra and the Bob Rivers Twisted Tunes.

************

If a bomb goes off in the forest, and nobody is around to be hurt by it, is it still a WMD?

Did the guy who invented the V6 have engine-uity? That's the dumbest thing I've ever written.

Were there any politicians running for office in the last election cycle named Pedro who actually used "Vote for Pedro" T-shirts?

I don't have any brand loyalty regarding deodorant. I think it's for the same reason that farmers practice crop rotation. My current bottle says it's for the kind of guy who still collects baseball cards. Really.

************

The new sign on Adelphia Coliseum:

Home of the Tennessee Titans

This was taken on a sunny Friday. I wouldn't be within 5 miles of the stadium on game day.

I'll admit I had never heard of Louisiana Pacific when it was announced they bought the naming rights. My first thought was why would an out-of-state company buy the naming rights. Then I realized that they were a local company, despite Nashville being neither in Louisiana nor near the Pacific. I guess I haven't been looking for homebuilding products lately.
1173

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great photo!!

I'll send your link to my co-worker friends, LP employees here in the office. There are ~200 downtown and ~50 at our R&D office in Cool Springs.

GO Titans!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home