Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Monday, April 03, 2006

The newest soda flavors for me to try

I am an oddball, and one of those reasons is to actively look for soda flavors I've never tried before. (except for diet and root beers.) I found the following in the past week:



Cherry Lemon Sun Drop. There are many places in the country where you can't get sundrop. There are rural places in the deep south where you can't find anything but Sundrop, it would seem. (I went to a high school baseball game at some rural public school, and the game was at Sundrop stadium, and the concession stand literally only had sundrop to drink.) Sundrop is a unique flavor. Then to my surprise, I find this in Lincoln County, TN. It tasted to me exactly what I would expect a Cherry Limeaid soda to taste like. Sometimes when you get too many flavors together, each flavor loses its distinct taste. (see: Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.) I suppose it wasn't too far off from Cherry 7-up.



Frosties Orange Soda. I'd never heard of Frosties before, but they had a line of beverages in a small Lewis County gas station I visited. If you can't tell, That's Santa drawn on the bottle. I figured that an Orange flavor would be less of a bad shock than their "Blue Cream" flavor. The label is listed as "Since 1939." I did a quick google search on them and Didn't find much, but I didn't look to hard either. To me, it tasted like I was drinking an Orange gum drop.



Double Cola is the popular-in-some-places alternative to Coke or Pepsi. Originating in Chattanooga, it gets its name from back in the days when a soda bottle was usually 6 or 8 ounces. Thus a 12 oz. product was double. For an independent brand, it does well, but partially because it sells in some countries that Coke or Pepsi won't touch. Oddly, I never found it in the multiple times I've visited Chattanooga, but I saw it at a convenience store in Smyrna, TN. I like the denim pocket look on the design. It tasted to me like an RC.



Jumbo Orange Soda. This is the Orange flavor from the Double Cola brand. Tasted Generic to me. Their mountain dew like beverage is Ski. It came out before Mountain Dew and is apparently still popular.

Coming soon: Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream and Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home