Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Brent's Exercise in Useless Poetry 1: Spork!

PRELUDE TO THE AFTERNOON OF A SPORK
By Brent Moore

I walked in the lunchroom
and what saw my eyes
Was a new utensil
that was in disguise:
The unlikely union
of a spoon and fork.
What is this new item?
They call it a spork.
So how can I use it?
So what does it do?
I picked up a morsel;
it helped me to chew.
Now, why is it useful,
why would I want one?
The fork was too runny,
the spoon won't hold on.
So, ring out the tidings
and unpop the cork.
My cabinet's new member:
it's my friend, the spork.

Copyright 1998

1 Comments:

Blogger Will C. said...

Useless? A spork?
They're perfect for Spam!
It's not a spiced fork,
But it cleans out the can.

"Spam" ryhmes with "can?"
Well, better than "pork."
Don't insult my ham,
And get your own spork!

Tick has a "Spoon!"
And Mac, the knife.
Blue Raja a fork,
But spork has no life.

Perfect for eggs,
Imported from Ork.
An Enterprising man,
Spock eats with a spork.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home